Lucy looking pretty

Lucy looking pretty
Aren't I a sweet wee lass?

Thursday 26 May 2011

Things that make me happy

I like these words from You are my Sunshine:
So let the sun shine in
Face it with a grin
Smilers never loose
And Frowners never win
So let the sun shine in
Face it with a grin
Open up your heart and let the sun shine in

There are lots of other things that make me feel happy. Things like walking Lucy through the park on a nice warm and sunny day. I also like being down at Cramond. It's a lovely walk and it's nice to see the water. It's especially nice on the days that we buy a coffee.

I love pizza, especially pepperoni. There's no better food on the planet. Pizza and a nice large glass of wine, Chablis, if I've got a bit of extra cash.

I like sitting at the van on a quiet day, just watching the world go by. It's particularly nice if there are lots of birds singing. Sitting at the van in the early morning sipping my first cuppa of the day.

If I'm in need of a little quiet time I like to watch Sleepless in Seattle, You've Got Mail and Hope Floats. They're all nice easy watching films and make me feel good inside. Again, the experience is enhanced greatly by the addition of a glass of wine.

I love reading and really like the Robert Goddard novels and the Lee Child novels. I love reading magazines and I adore cookery books.

I like looking at my bank statements, but only on months when I have money at the end of my month rather than months when I have month left at the end of my money.

I like reading those little books with lots of little sayings and words of wisdom.

But most of all I like spending time with my loved ones. If anyone's ever stuck for a gift for me, just give me the gift of your time (of course the experience is greatly enhanced by the addition of milk chocolate and wine).

No comments:

Post a Comment