Lucy looking pretty

Lucy looking pretty
Aren't I a sweet wee lass?

Wednesday 29 June 2011

Gee it's good to be back home again!

Well it's good to be back home again. We had a busy few weeks there and enjoyed ourselves in Chicago. Travelling 'posh class' was an interesting experience with the first two hours or so of each flight being spent eating. Fine on the flight out from Glasgow but on the return flight from Newark this was on top of two weeks of super-size meals. But, I did have a wee glass of champagne on the return flight, which was rather nice. I've got lots of souvenirs and still came back home with some money in my back pocket. Lucy will be back home in a wee while. According to the petsitter, Lucy likes to bark. I already knew that but it seems the petsitter is surprised that dogs bark. Seems strange to me that she didn't already know this amazing and little known fact about dogs. Mind you, perhaps she was meaning that Lucy's barking was excessive. I won't ask, just in case. She must have behaved herself because the petsitter said that she'd have Lucy back. Well, must dash ... got to get Lucy's bed back into the car and check I have her beloved zinger and I'll take her for a quick walk on the way home.

In my next blog I'll tell you all about my purple ice cream, donuts, pizza, posh houses and gardens, Rascal Raleigh, humidity, air conditioning, supersized meals, airport tours and other interesting and exciting things. I'll also tell you about how amazingly excited Americans get when they hear a Scottish accent, and how they all just absolutely want to visit Scotland. I'm also pleased to report that not one Anerican asked me where Scotland is, however, sadly several did ask what part of England I came from and at least two people thought I was Irish. Very few Americans seemed capable or able to understand my accent, however, Peter was an excellent translator. By the end of my holiday I was getting used to the smiling look that said in a kindly way ... what a strange little lady you are, but I like you so I'll smile nicely to you.

And that's all I've got to say about that!

No comments:

Post a Comment