Lucy looking pretty

Lucy looking pretty
Aren't I a sweet wee lass?

Saturday 6 August 2011

Abstract ramblings for a Saturday Afternoon

Man is but a product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes. 
Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. (George Bernard Shaw).
Make the most of yourself, for that is all there is of you. (Ralph Waldo Emerson).
Happiness is a perfume you cannot pour on others without getting a few drops on yourself. (RWE)
It's impossible to speak highly enough of the virtues, the dangers and the power of shared laughter. (Francoise Sagan) 

  What a delight it is 
      When, of a morning, 
  I get up and go out 
     To find in full bloom a flower 
  That yesterday was not there
(Tachibana Akemi)

Well, it started off a beautiful morning.  Lucy and I went our for our daily constitutional. I strolled around Bankton Mains and Lucy raced about stretching her little leggies and showing off that she's truly earned her middle name of 'Born to Run'. She raced about the field, running and hiding in the trees, losing her beloved Zinger and retrieving it again from its' hiding place.  She's a smart wee cookie at finding her Zinger (usually, we'll ignore for now the incident at Luce Bay where there's a Zinger Ring riding along on the crest of a wave).  We got back home safely before the rain came on. 

We had another Circle meeting yesterday and I think it went very well.  Next month it's going to be a week early (on the 26th) and we're going to do some psychometry. At least that's the plan, so long as everyone remembers to bring something along with them.  Julie and I enjoyed a bottle of wine afterwards, and Siobhan had a nice cup of tea.  Unfortunately, Fiona had to leave sharpish (mind you we ended up finishing later than we should have!). It was a good evening and many of the things picked up were quite relevant.  Siobhan has kindly offered to take over leading the meditation etc, to allow me to sit in Circle.  I'm quite happy with this idea cos it gives me a chance to take part in the actual Circle itself. Meanwhile, Sarah seems to have noticed some perfume in her flat ... hmm, interesting. Could be a useful training session for the Circle, or maybe we need our 'Ghostbusters' team of experienced mature ladies! 
There is a saying:;
There are two kinds of people: 
Those who say, "I will believe it when I see it."
And those who say, "To see it, I know I must believe it."

While I'm on the topic of mature ladies, I quite like this t-shirt and matching bag (I suppose that this would be the modern version of twinset and pearls!). I wonder if anyone will buy me them for my birthday?

What do you think? Pretty nifty stuff! And they're yellow. I like yellow, its a happy little colour, don't you think? 













I was clearing out some of the boxes of stuff we brought home with us from when we cleared out Mike's mum's house.  There are lots and lots of good sheets which I can use in the motorvan. There are some pyrex plates and things that I can use, and I've also unpacked some of the ornaments.  I came across a westclox clock, still in it's box and in working order. Sadly, we're no longer used to listening to the tick-tock, tick-tock, tick-tock, of a wind up clock, so I wound it up once and now it's just sitting on the sideboard looking retro-chic and pretty.  But, I also came across this interesting little gem:  














It's clearly been well used, and I wondered if perhaps I should use it for the basis of a Julie & Julia type blog. Only problem is that I'm slightly fussy about my food. I don't really fancy (in fact I won't be) trying things like: 
bloater paste; bloater toast; dried haddock(???) in milk; fried smelts; digestible (EH???) fried sausage; bone soup; Delhi broth (gotta be kiddin' me man!); marrow soup; prune puree; hamgoree; dog fish pie (yeah right!); and butter beans with fried suet pudding. Delhi broth??? Delhi broth??? Are they kiddin' me??? A sure fire way to end up with Delhi belly I think! YUK! YUK! AND DOUBLE YUK!    I DON'T THINK SO!!!!!!!!! And, there's other stuff in there that I wouldn't even type the names of ... clearly designed to put you off food for life! Hmm ... maybe the J&J blog isn't such a great idea after all. I think if I lived way back in 1935, I'd be very, very slim and also very, very hungry. That said I'd fit into all those fabby retro 1930's and 1940's dresses which I think looked absolutely super-fabby!

I'm hoping to go through to the market thingy in Glasgow that Fiona's going to be selling her bags at.  I'm hoping to talk Mike into running me through there. He's got a better sense of direction than I have and it's been years since I was driving around the Glasgow area. The streets are all changed into one-way, no-way, pedestrian and stuff and not only would I probably get lost, but I'd probably run out of petrol as well.  Yes, as it's almost my birthday, I reckon that Mike should run me though there.

I think I'm being taken out for my birthday lunch on Tuesday. Not sure where, but so long as I'm able to have a small glass of wine and a pudding, then I'll be happy! Happy, happy, happy!

Well, I think that's probably about all for now folks ... feel free to comment on my blog (lets me know that someone's actually reading it!) ... happy reading!

Oh ... Almost there ... ... ... 
Birthdays are nature's way of telling us to eat more CAKE!
Birthdays are good for you. Statistics show that the people who have the most live the longest!
I believe in loyalty. When a woman reaches an age she likes, she should stick with it. (Eva Gabor)
The older I get, the better I was.
A grandparent is old on the outside but young on the inside.
If you don't learn to laugh when you're young, you won't have anything to laugh about when you're old!
Retirement can be a great joy ... if you can figure out how to spend time without spending money.
The simplest toy, one which even the youngest child can operate ... is called a grandparent. (Sam Levenson)

And finally ... my personal favourites:
Grandmothers are just antique little girls. Yes ... Old Gals Rule!

   ***   Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many.   ***

That's all folks ... see ya next time!

Or, as Forrest Gump would say ... that's all I've got to say about that!

1 comment: