Lucy looking pretty

Lucy looking pretty
Aren't I a sweet wee lass?

Saturday 9 July 2011

Some abstract ramblings about a beautiful Saturday here on Planet Earth!

Saturday Morning:
It's Saturday morning and we had a Circle meeting yesterday evening. Only the three of us but it was a good evening. I always sleep well after the Circle. So today I'm feeling chirpy and cheery, positive and inspirational.

Whilst we were in Chicago, Diane and I  had a wee jaunt along to Border Books (yes, they still have a couple of BB stores in her area). I bought myself a little book called Whispers of Blessings and have picked out a couple of nice little verses from it, and thought I'd share them with you all. Apologies to those who've already read them on Facebook, but if something's worth reading, it's worth reading twice!

In the Valley of Love:
'Tis a gift to be simple, 'tis a gift to be free,
'Tis a gift to come down to where we ought to be -
And when we find ourselves in the place just right,
'Twill be in the valley of love and delight.

Count the Good Things:
When we start to count flowers,
   we cease to count weeds;
When we start to count blessings,
   we cease to count needs;
When we start to count laughter,
   we cease to count tears;
When we start to count memories,
   we cease to count years.



 Borders Books:


That's me in the photo on the left just about to go into the Borders Books at Orland Park.   You know, I do miss Border Books.
It was always such a treat to go along and browse the shelves, picking out a book here, a book there. Just browsing and touching the books was such a wonderful way to pass a couple of hours. Oh, chocolate heaven for book lovers!
And they serve good coffee. Mike has spend many an hour supping their coffee whilst I browsed the shelves for the perfect, but elusive book, to add to my collection. I also bought many a pack of Tarot Cards there as well.

Later in the Day: 

Well it's now late afternoon and we've had Lucy 'Born to Run' Lyman down at Cramond. Now for those of you who don't know, Cramond is one of Lucy's favourite stomping ground ... she knows exactly where all the good watering holes are, and she insists in supping and slurping mucky water from all of them!It didn't take her long to get from the car to the grassy bit where she waits for the first throw of the Zinger. We had quite a long walk today and so she was running around for about an hour and a half.


The weather was nice and it was warm enough to walk without my jacket on but I did wear one of my new baseball hats.  The rain started shortly after we set off to drive home and not long after we got home we had some thunder and lightening. The photo on the left is of Oberweis the Ice Cream Restaurant and the photo on the right is the baseball cap Mike bought for me whilst we were there purchasing my nightly supply of yummy ice cream.

So, onwards to Saturday evening:

So after our walk and after lunch I went to Sainsburys cos I had a voucher for triple points which expires today. I got myself some books and I plan on reading one of them this evening whilst enjoying a small glass of wine. I'm not sure what the wine will be like. I won it in the raffle at the spooky church on Monday night, but it is in a nice blue bottle.

I like the colour blue.



Well I think that's about all for now folks ... will write more soon.

That's all I've got to say about that!

No comments:

Post a Comment