Lucy looking pretty

Lucy looking pretty
Aren't I a sweet wee lass?

Saturday 23 June 2012

June goin' into July

Well, summertime seems to be remaining pretty elusive this year, which is a bit of a pity. When I retired at the end of 2010 I had beautiful visions of calm, warm sunny days spent walking the dog/s and pottering around the garden. Well, in truth that has happened on a few occasions but it would be rather nice if it happened with a bit more regularity rather than on the odd occasion. Ah well, c'est la vie! We had a nice weekend last weekend when we were celebrating our Silver Wedding Anniversary. We had a couple of lunches out with family and with friends. We went to Frankie & Benny's with the family on the Friday and on the Monday (our actual anniversary) we went to the Melville Inn out at Lasswade with friends and had a beautiful meal and of course a little bottle of wine.

 Now on to dog walking tales! As Mickey has been a bit naughty when he's been out on his walks lately we've been selective about where we've been taking them. Yesterday we took them up to Bankton Mains where naughty Mickey headed off to splash about in a puddle. Unfortunately this puddle came right up to his shoulders and was more like a small loch. He had a great time splashing around with a look of absolute glee on his face. Little Mr Bright Eyes unfortunately decided to leave his ring at the deepest part of his little loch. This was fine but the ring sunk and he wouldn't put his head down into the water to retrieve it. Fortunately I had on my trusty wellies and headed off into the water to get the ring. I was pretty dismayed when I realised how deep the water was and I had to go very carefully in order to ensure my feet remained dry. The water came to within an inch or so of the top of my wellies. Needless to say, we took them to a different field today!

 I'm getting back into the family history research and am delighted that I managed to track down a copy of a book published around 1916 which has photos of The Goldie Boys in it. I tracked down a copy of the book that was for sale in Michigan. It's in reasonable condition considering it's 96 years old!

 I'm also planning on clearing out wardrobes today and tomorrow and plan on trying to put some of the stuff up for sale on eBay. At least that's the plan. If it turns out to be too technical for me I'll just put the stuff into a local charity shop.

 I've got plans to sort out an area in the house that I can use for making jewellery etc. I'm planning on having all the bits and pieces in one place so that I don't have to gather everything together before I start working on anything. I've got a few craft fairs booked for autumn time so I'd better get things organised pretty smartish! I had hoped to do some jewellery making in the summerhouse but the weather hasn't been mild enough to spend too long out there and as its been overcast a lot of the time it's been too dark to work there.

 I've been getting my dancing shoes on again and have been going to a line dancing group. I'm enjoying it even if I've discovered I have two left feet! Oh wait, I already discovered that when I went to tap dancing classes a couple of years ago!!!

 I've also got some grand plans for doing some dressmaking and suchlike but I'll keep that for the next blog. Don't forget to comment on my blog. It's always encouraging to know that someone, somewhere is reading my ramblings.

Please also become a follower of my Shootin' the Breeze blog!

Bye for now ...............

No comments:

Post a Comment